- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 1/2 cup of bran cereal (crushed)
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups of Lindley Mills Super Sprouted Whole Grain Wheat Flour (Buy it at Stick Boy!)
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups of bran cereal (not crushed)
- In a bowl, pour the boiling water over the half cup of cereal. When cooled, mix in the melted butter and the egg.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the honey and buttermilk to the liquid bran mixture. Fold in the dry mix and stir just until combined. Fold in the bran flakes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a muffin tin with papers, and spray the insides of the papers.
5.Scoop a heaping 1/4-cup of batter into each prepared muffin cup.
6.Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
7.Remove from the oven and cool in the pan.